Tuesday, March 13, 2012

i love this song!...what are they saying?

recently, my friend ryan roped me into creating a k-pop music video cover for the song "blue" by bigbang. i, along with other members of his friend group, have entered this contest in the hopes of winning a trip to korea and meeting the members of bigbang. i found this to be a marvelous opportunity at forging stronger friendships with seniors whom i hadn't known too well prior to embarking on this creative escapade. i'm thankful to have created new friendships with melody, gordon, tyler, cuyler, max, and joey. moreover, i couldn't be more grateful to ryan for asking for me to be involved in this project for i admire his perfectionism and sharp attention to detail. i believe ryan to be extremely thoughtful for including me in this project; the prizes are extremely valuable, but i value my friendship with ryan a lot more than the prizes we may or may not reap. (let's hope we win, nonetheless.)

does the learning company still exist? i wonder.

my sister, olivia, is alive and quite well. everyone in the family wants to know where she is and what she's been up to. luckily, i'm an avid follower of her travel blog and have been living my life vicariously through her posts and photos. i'm so glad (jealous) that she's able to experience the many facets to european culture in a seemingly short amount of time. this gets me excited for my college experience and i hope to travel abroad to a place that will provide me with great inspiration.

my other sister, michelle, will be leaving to europe soon on a trip with this fellow she's become well-acquainted with. i am very happy for her, and wish her the best in all regards. she works extremely hard and definitely deserves a break from real life. i hear she's staying in a penthouse suite during one of her three stops in europe—i believe she's going to paris, barcelona, and italy. i'm not too sure, nor do i think i will clarify this later.

i'm very much confused in my life right now. i can't even explain the root of my confusion without putting others' feelings at potential harm; hence, i will just thank one of my best friends, kamden, for exhibiting enough emotional intelligence to provide me the advice i need to continue living my life. we're going to have an amazing summer, working together as the english teaching aides.

mr. lippert was very lenient in allowing me to play in the orchestra for "into the woods". i'm very happy for many of the people performing in it but unfortunately, i will not be able to see the show as i will be concealed by the underground orchestra pit, formulaically placed beneath the stage. the music department contains some extremely caring individuals including my band director. i was saddened by the news that he would not be joining us for the 2012-2013 school year; however, i wish him the best of luck in his endeavors. without him pushing me to achieve above and beyond through music, i would not have taken the opportunity to display my musicianship through this musical. i would like to thank both mr. lippert and mr. sivill.

last, but most certainly not least, i'd like to thank my best friend ariel. her family is graciously allowing me to accompany them on their trip to seattle during spring break. i'll be missing school on friday which is a definite upside to my week. ariel helped me purchase some great rain shoes, and has honestly done a lot for me as a friend. i'm so excited for what seattle has in store for the both of us, but i'm also thankful for this opportunity to solidify and strengthen our friendship. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with the current state of our friendship, but i'd definitely like to hang out with ariel more than i have time to.

and i will be doing just that in the near future. i'll keep you posted through some form of travel documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment