Wednesday, March 7, 2012

we're gonna work again!

it has been quite awhile since my last post, and i apologize; although there's not much of an audience to apologize to, i am still thankful that there is at least one person who appreciates what i have to say. who knows? maybe no one appreciates this blog, nor what i have to say. screw it, this is for me to keep.

so, here's a recap of many scattered things that i would like to acknowledge:

i'm so grateful for the job i was offered this summer. i applied for the academy english teacher's aide position (same job as last summer) and was recently notified of my acceptance. i'm not absolutely sure if i'm the english ta, but i will continue to believe so until proven incorrect. moreover, i'm thankful for the opportunity to work with one of my greatest friends, kamden. i'm excited to grow as a writer through working with him and his absolutely brilliant mind.

kamden also introduced me to tune-yards...well not really. but i downloaded their second album, w h o k i l l, after listen to him sing "my country." on a side-note, kamden's impersonation of merrill garbus is spot on. i believe in a past-life he existed as a loud voiced, howling woman (if you're reading this, i just mentioned you twice. happy?)

today, i bought a new pair of headphones, which were pretty inexpensive considering how good they are. radioshack has me on their system so if i ever break them, i can get a replacement! the headphones pretty much cut out all noise from the outside world, so when i hate everyone, i can simply put on my headphones and not even listen to music. i can simply listen to the pulses of my temporal lobes.

and finally, junior function was so wonderful and better than last year. i'm not saying that my function experience from last year was unenjoyable, because it was definitely the opposite - i'm very much obliged to katie for taking me; however, i feel because it was me and grace's function to plan, i was allowed more creativity. we dressed up as the asian version of barbie & ken (our official pictures are soon to come, but for now i will post this one.)

life in plastic, it's fantastic!

grace was such a wonderful date and i was definitely privileged to attend function with such a charismatic friend. i really admire how she was so enthusiastic about our theme throughout the night. it's very refreshing to have a friend who doesn't want to grind on the dancefloor; rather, we danced like fools and a great time was had by all...even when my pants ripped...thanks also to maya who spent nearly 35 minutes in that awful bathroom stall with me as we attempted sewing my pants together. function was a night to remember (despite how many times that cliché is used.)

thank you grace - forever the barbara to my kenneth.

No comments:

Post a Comment