Sunday, February 26, 2012

that's me in the spotlight, finding my religion.

last night, my parents both went to church for its 5:30 mass, leaving michelle and i to attend mass by ourselves. we made the conscious decision to tryout 'new hope', a church service close to our home. i was extremely touched by the sense of community provided by this alternative form of sunday service. it was obviously a christian church, but they did more to relate the word of god to my generation than my old, roman-catholic church ever did within the sixteen years i had attended their services. i'm thankful for the existence of churches whom advocate messages of acceptance (not anti-homosexuality, anti-birth control, etc). moreover, i'm thankful for the opportunity provided for me to replenish my relationship with god, something i had grown skeptical over for reasons i'd rather not specify.

(can't reveal too much about what this means.)

grace and i went to the mall to purchase our function outfits. i'm so fortunate to be attending function with such a charismatic, artistic, quirky being. and i'm thankful for her helpfulness in providing me with feedback on the outfits we chose. i'm also grateful that all the stresses of outfit picking have now been relieved.

finally, i'd like to wish my older sister, olivia, a wonderful 21st birthday. i hope the world works in her favor because she truly deserves reimbursement for all the good she continues to spread within each community she graces.

이바보,^^

small little things i would also like to acknowledge:
  • beach fossil's self-titled album, particularly the song "wide awake"; i really enjoy lazy, beachy, shoegazey music. on another note: beachy and shoegazey aren't actually words! go figure...
  • 107.5 played "nobody" by wonder girls. they don't always play the greatest k-pop, nor do i have a vast knowledge of k-pop bands, but when i hear songs by the ones i know, i gain this sense of accomplishment. i can't explain it, but it makes me feel really cool.
  • spotify, for allowing me the ability to stalk random people's music interests. mostly emily's. i don't even use spotify.
  • gabby, that girl with the tutu, and that cashier at american apparel who seriously helped grace and i coordinate our outfits. i appreciate that cashier boy taught me how to use a hair-bow as a bow-tie. it's not very complicated, and this makes me very much excited for function this saturday.
  • holy shit, function is this saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment